This is a photographic record of walks I have taken in the five boroughs -- posted in rough chronological order.

I'll skip around from borough to borough as the mood strikes me. I'll add captions and occasionally a brief
commentary but, for the most part, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves
.














.



Tampa (April 8-13)

I spent a few days in Tampa, while Jen met with her colleagues at the annual meeting of ancient historians. These are just a few impressions of one small section of the city, Ibor. Unfortunately I was not there at night when Ibor comes alive.



Entering the National Landmark Ibor Historic District




Ibor Secrets



A party at a beer garden on historic 7th Avenue



Don Quixote and Sancho Panza obstructed by a bolted bench
in front of the landmark Columbia restaurant.






Side trip to St. Petersburg

In St. Petersburg there was of interest: the Dali Museum, lots of birds and a few remaining old buildings. All else it seems was condos, blue sky, The Gulf and the ever present danger of burning up in the sun. It is "Sunshine City."





The Fine Art Museum was a disapointment except for the one work just below.

Dancing on the Street Pave In Gold
























.

No comments: