This is a photographic record of walks I have taken in the five boroughs -- posted in rough chronological order.

I'll skip around from borough to borough as the mood strikes me. I'll add captions and occasionally a brief
commentary but, for the most part, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves
.














.
Wall Street, October 6

The Dow was down another 700 points when I took the # 2 train down to Wall Street today. It was a slightly overcast, with the sun peeking out occasionally. But the mood outside the exchange was almost jovial, with hundreds of tourist snapping away, mostly at the big flag that drapes the Corinthian columns of the Stock Exchange. It stuck me once again how often we use the flag (and other totemic symbols) to cover up misdeeds.


Cover up



Too late


No comments: