This is a photographic record of walks I have taken in the five boroughs -- posted in rough chronological order.

I'll skip around from borough to borough as the mood strikes me. I'll add captions and occasionally a brief
commentary but, for the most part, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves
.














.

Joie de Vivre

September 1, 2012


I've passed this statue, Joie de Vivre, by Mark Suvero, at least a dozen times before but I never really saw it until I tried to photograph it.








Although the picture is very upbeat, like the name "Joie de Vivre," seeing it at the west end of Zuccotti Park, where the occupiers have been replaced by a pathetic assortment of vendors selling  sodas,  souvlaki and 9/11 souvenirs made me sad.  And yes, the police are still there with their snooping devices.


1 comment:

Simon said...

Souveniers? Really? That's rather sick and twisted.
Cool POV on this, and a nice pop of red.