This is a photographic record of walks I have taken in the five boroughs -- posted in rough chronological order.

I'll skip around from borough to borough as the mood strikes me. I'll add captions and occasionally a brief
commentary but, for the most part, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves
.














.

Bikes take over in NYC, or not...

May 21

I've taken an interest in this bike share program, first as longtime bicycle rider, second as a resident of New York City.  It's really appalling that Citibank, one of the culprit in this "great recession" that has hurt so many people, Americans as well as others all over the world, should be using this experiment as as a PR/advertising ploy.  These huge bike depots are defacing this city, already so damaged by ugliness and greed. But most of all it's throwing even more unprepared and safety unconscious bicycle riders on our overcrowded traffic arteries.





Bike Lane








 Citbike





Bike Station






Bike station vs. Street art






No comments: