This is a photographic record of walks I have taken in the five boroughs -- posted in rough chronological order.

I'll skip around from borough to borough as the mood strikes me. I'll add captions and occasionally a brief
commentary but, for the most part, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves
.














.

Williamsburg revisited: Street Murals

January 10, 2014





Robots




Creature





Infrastructure


I've done a lot of processing in Photoshop to render this version of Infrastructure. It was originally a cartoon street mural painted underneath the rusting and shattered window of an abandoned and crumbling building in the yet unyuppified section of Williamsburg where a few of the original artists are/were hanging on until the inevitable evictions. I've modified the picture to better capture the metaphor of our declining public space, the deterioration of our infrastructure,  as the 1% continues to ravage America.



No comments: