This is a photographic record of walks I have taken in the five boroughs -- posted in rough chronological order.

I'll skip around from borough to borough as the mood strikes me. I'll add captions and occasionally a brief
commentary but, for the most part, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves
.














.
Inwood
At the northern tip of Manhattan is Inwood, a residential neighborhood with a busy and colorful shopping district west of Broadway. Its park, Inwood Hill, is probably New York city's most scenic, with a wetland area which comes alive with feeding flocks of birds as the tides of the Hudson estuary recede.



Inwood Hill park, seen from Spuyten Duyvil station




Muscovy duck at dusk



Henry Hudson Bridge at low tide




Local residents awakened by an intruder




Geese are well organized




People wander into the park



Others leave interesting traces




... Some have a strange sense of entitlement



No comments: