This is a photographic record of walks I have taken in the five boroughs -- posted in rough chronological order.

I'll skip around from borough to borough as the mood strikes me. I'll add captions and occasionally a brief
commentary but, for the most part, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves
.














.



Roosevelt Avenue, under the shadow of the #7 train, roughly from 40 Street, to Main Street, Flushing, is an eclectic center of commerce, colors, noises and the smells of a dozen different ethnic foods. These shots were taken on two occasion in September 2007 as I walked from 74 Street to 95 Street, underneath the elevated train. The boundaries are fluid, but the transitions are perceptible, and the only unity is the bright and saturated colors to which these photos can only hint.




Exotic scents from India...



... and baubles





Hot dogs...Sabor Ecuatoriano




Amor Dinero


Dora, Mary and the Tiger




Hairdresser's window




No comments: